I'm still out of town, but I'm one of the last on the list to get this meme done for this swap. Here goes:
1. first apron (that you can remember): My work apron for the printshop in college. My mom made it for me and it is totally covered in etching ink, paint, gunk, etc. I still have it all packed up and put away. I no longer print. (sniff, sniff)
2. last (most recent) apron: I made myself a yellow half apron for Tie One On. Actually, it's my only apron.
3. dream/favorite apron: A full apron, super cute yet functional
4. dream sewing machine: I have no idea.
5. what do you put in your pockets? or what strange thing have you ever found in them? tissues, kid things like rubber lizards and matchbox cars, N's hair clips
6. condiment(s) you can't live without: Vinegar. We have a thing for it at our house, you might even call it a problem. Fat free Italian dressing- the all purpose marinade. Yellow mustard. Ranch dressing- to get the kids to eat their veggies.
7. do you wear more showy aprons or dutiful ones? Dutiful.
8. favorite cooking gadget: Nice metal spatula. Nice metal wisk. A very sharp paring knife from my brother-in-law.
9. cooking gagdet that promised the world but didn't deliver: Hmmm... I don't know. I usually take the simple route, so I never really tried many silly gadgets.
10. a recipe that you know by heart and any stories behind it: That cole slaw stuff with cabbage and ramen noodles. It's a picnic favorite around our house. The kids both love it. It has vinegar in it. See? We have a problem! :)